ACTION Change the Zoning
We need to change the Zoning!
Update Sept. 2021
Bridgeport has proposed zoning of the entirety of Remington Woods for commercial. On Oct 13, they plan to finalize this.
What we can do:
1. Sign and share the petition.
2. Sign a letter to the Zoning commission. Contact us at email@example.com
3. Attend and speak at the zoom mtg, or just hold up a sign. Oct 13, 2021 check this page for details.
4. Please Keep checking this page for updates and other events.
5. Please inform other groups and individuals, write to media, share this information. Thank you.
How you can be Involved
• Sign and Share our petition. Preserve Remington Woods from Destruction
• Change the zoning, please see above.
• Visit, like and share our Facebook page Facebook: PreserveRemingtonWoods
• Write to media.
• Tell your friends. Let’s Make it an issue.
• Contact to your politicians in Bridgeport and state.
• Speaking to groups is a way of spreading the word. Is there a group that you know of that we could speak to, or an event we could table at?
Get in touch with us, we would greatly appreciate your involvement as there are many areas that could use whatever you have to offer.
Thank you for your interest in preserving the life of the planet and this precious, life giving, forest community.
1. Change the Zoning
Remove the current Zoning of light industerial from the entirety of Remington Woods.
Replace it with zoning that specifies preservation of the entirety of Remington Woods as a Nature Wildlife preserve. Do not issue any permits or licenses to use or extract from Remington Woods.
2. Restore the Damage
Restore the damaged areas by planting native trees and vegetation, non GMO, in accordance with how a Natural forest would be.
3. Preserve the Woods
Preserve Remington Woods in its enterity as a wildlife Nature Preserve with walking paths, in perpetuity, no development, respectful access.